The Lion King, Jr
The Lion King, Jr.
September 22, 23, 24 at 7:30 pm
September 24 at 10:00 am
September 25 at 2:30 pm
Lion King staff:
Director - Melissa Mericle
Music Director - Dr. Anne Lewis
TD - Jeff Mericle
Choreographer - Britt Thompson
Stage Manager - Claire Murphy
Costumer - Lawanda Ca'stle
Props - Dalphene Mays
We appreciate all of you who auditioned! We had some very hard choices to make and one of our hardest tasks involves not casting each and every deserving actor. Please do not be disheartened if you were not cast in this show. We appreciate all the effort, willingness and talent displayed at auditions.
Rafiki - Anne Everhart
Mufasa - Gabriel Patterson
Sarabi - Maddie Williams
Zazu - Katelyn Sarwi
Scar - Sophie Wood
Young Simba - Gracie Lucas
Simba - Jax Barham
Young Nala - Emma Grace Knowles
Nala - Zoe Zielny
Sarafina - Annie Daniels
Banzai - Thea Dowdle
Shenzi - Kylie Huffman
Ed - Ty Begley
Timon - Abby Lucas
Pumbaa - Maddie Barrett
Ensemble Roles: Lionesses, Hyenas, Animals of the Pride Lands, Grasslands, and Wildbeest (exact roles will be chosen during rehearsals)
Lilly Begley, Milly Cardwell, Rachael Cardwell, Annie Chilton, Caraline Corum, Olivia DeFalco,
Rebekah Dowdle, Amon Griffin, Logan Hammack, Riley Hawkins, Annabel Hayes, Brenna Morrison,
Madelyn Morrison, Carole-Ann Page, Braeden Seacat, Colton Seacat, Riley Southard, Sara Williams,
Georgia Wood, Jennie Zielny
Security told us tonight that they will be resurfacing the parking lot by the Advanced Technologies Building tomorrow. Everyone will need to park at the Student Center and walk over for the Company Meeting!!
Our first Company Meeting and Rehearsal will be Saturday morning, August 13th, at 10:00 a.m. Since the official cast list will not go up until late Friday night, we wanted to go ahead and give you the instructions for the Company Meeting. Please review the information below.
Company Meeting - August 13th - 10:00 am
Our first Company Meeting will be this Saturday, August 13 at 10:00 am at Rockingham Community College. We will take care of a lot of business at this meeting so be prepared for the following:
- Please bring $10 to pay for your script. You will be able to keep your script from this production. Family members may share if they choose.
- Cast members who have not previously participated in a TGRC show, will be required to purchase a theatre handbook for $1. (1 per family)
- We ask that all cast members donate $5 to our Encore Café budget for each show.
-Because of the enormous costuming requirements for this show, each cast member will be required to pay a $20 costume/makeup rental fee. ($15 per sibling)
- We will order t-shirts for Lion King Jr. with the names of the cast members on the back. This is not mandatory. If you would like a shirt, please be prepared to order them at the company meeting. You can pay at the Company Meeting or pay later. The cost for t-shirts is $15.
- We will be taking "Headshots" (pictures) at the Company Meeting. We ask all cast members and staff members to wear a solid jewel tone top with NO writing or designs. A bright color will help your picture stand out!